Tuesday, November 22, 2022

132 SIBLEY GROVE

 LONDON E15

(Dedicate this story to whom I loved and anyone knows me)

This is the 7th house that we rented during college days.


This photo was taken during my last trip to UK back in July 2023.

I wish to record this memory with all my friends that used to stay around these area.

The town known as East Ham. 

There were 5 of us. It has 6 rooms where i occupied 2 small rooms (studying room on the ground floor and bedroom on the first floor).

Allowed me to introduce my mates that stayed together for almost a year.

Khalizan - from Chenor, Pahang.

Sulaiman - from Bagan Serai, Perak (hope i recall correctly)

Majid - from Johor (i think Batu Pahat)

last but least -Abdul Razak Hamzah (i lost contact since 1990) -our junior.

All of them are Architectural student.

The house that located at 3 junctions that attracted many stories. Our left and right neighbours are English pensioners. This place witnessed two incidents (one night after another) where a drunk man (Asian) beat his wife by the road side and the police came few minutes after the incident ( i witnessed from my room the tragedy and ended up lost my sleeping time).

My study room becomes a spot for my friends at collegue to have discussions during the break.

Ridzwan (Pakistani), Alan Tong (Hongkee), Samin (Indian muslim from Essex) and our lovely ladies (rose among the thorns), Sangeeta Sharma (Indian)-lived nearby my house (across the road) used to come to my house during our 3rd and final year.

Our house got 2 kitchens, dry and wet kitchen. We had cherry tree that we cut and burnt subsequently and ended up a complaint from concerned neighbours.

We had one cat shared by us and our English neighbour. Why? Breakfast for the cat provided by us whilst during lunch or dinner, the cat will be served by the neighbour. (wow ..Malaysian and English food)

Our garden near the kitchen becomes our place for such gathering during Eid Mubarak.

Not far from our house, there where another house at Kensington Avenue (our Malaysian ladies that study Architectural  at the same college) and another house (where all Malaysian ladies that took Accounting studies, ACCA) nearby.

Not to forget my lawyer's friend ( Hanif -now famous lawyer in the city of Kuala Lumpur) who becomes my friends for football game at the park nearby.

I left the house on 02September 1989 after completed my degree.

As my dreams come true, i visited them in 1991 after i joined the aviation world and got free ticket to travel. and spent my first bonus (after working for a year) by treating them for bowlings at nearest Bowl in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ROAD TO RETIRE

 JALAN PERSARAAN. Tak pasti ia adalah perkataan yang sesuai bila  menterjemahkan ayat ROAD TO RETIRE. Tinggal lagi 35bulan untuk saya mengak...